Facts from Wikipedia
– Scientific name is Hericium erinaceus.
– It is also called Lion’s Mane, bearded tooth, or Pom Pom mushroom.
– It is an edible and edicinal mushroom belonging to the tooth fungus group.
– Native to North America, Europe and Asia, it can be identified by its long spines (greater than 1cm length), its appearance on hardwoods and its tendency to grow a single clump of dangling spines.
– It is a choice edible when young, and the texture of the cooked mushroom is often compared to seafood.
– It often appears in Chinese vegetarian cuisine to replace pork or lamb.